This poignant account of small-town life in Ireland after the economic disaster and housing bust of 2008 uses 21 characters to weave a tapestry of Irish dramatic tragedy. Wayne Farrell’s gifted voice and captivating Irish brogue are mesmerizing. The story revolves around the family of a self-made developer/builder caught in the crisis. Farrell is so versatile that listeners may sometimes think they’re hearing a full-cast recording. For each character monologue, man, woman, child, or even dead people, Farrell dazzles with all the anguish, wit, sorrow, or excitement required. There are times when a narrator enhances a book, and there are times like this when he makes it. M.C. Â© AudioFile 2014, Portland, Maine
ONGOING PROJECT: The Collaborative Business Podcast, Bussum, the Netherlands
I’ve started working for Peter Simoons from the Netherlands on his Collaborative Business Podcast.
You can find the podcast at: http://www.simoons.com/cbp/
“Working with Tugce was a pleasure: on time, good collaboration, great edit of the podcast. Will hire her for next episodes again. ”
— Peter Simoons, Bussum, the Netherlands
Before/After sample of a rehearsal recording restoration.
- remove hums/hisses/clicks (for example airco hum)
- remove background noise (placing/moving of boxes/crates etc) as much as you can
- normalize audio to default dB
“Excellent job, good communication. ”
— Kreatuur, Chicago, U.S.
Audio restoration of a piano recording. Before/After sample.
My clients request was to create a spaghetti western gunshots unique for him.
You’ll hear one after another;
“Great work and great sounds, thank you soo much for this”
— tommybin, Berkshire, U.K.
Scent - Horror Movie Sound Design
I started working with director ‘The Existentialist’ (Video Art Chicago) on his new outbreak movie taking place in Chicago streets. The movie’s production is being made by Mephisto Productions, under Joshua and Mike’s supervision we’re forming the sound design crew with another brilliant sound designer Guy Cockroft.
Mephisto Productions is a film and video group from New Orleans and Cleveland. Featuring the work of filmmakers like Jackson & Johnny Strange, Andrew Burns, Josh Johnston, and others.
Mephisto Production’s Film Festival Credits:
- Winner Audience Choice Award, 2009 PATOIS International Human Rights Film Festival (The Untold Story)
- Winner Golden Outhouse Award, 2007 Outhouse Film Festival (Floating — shared award for the three-part film Watermarks)
- Winner, Best Writing, 2007 Outhouse Film Festival (Floating — shared award for Watermarks)
- Winner, Best Editing, 2008 48-Hour Film Festival New Orleans (Intuition)
- Oxford Film Festival (Floating — Watermarks)
- NOVAC Film Festival (Floating — screened separately)
The trailer is coming soon!
ONGOING PROJECT: Private Equity FunCast, Chicago
- Cleaning up Skype interviews (background noise removal, some editing, level balancing and mastering)
- Adding musics between segments
- Level balancing
- MP3 conversion
Check out their podcast, it’s a professionally crafted informative podcast related with technology, social media, economy and it’s fun to listen them! :)
First you’ll hear the original raw audio, then you’ll hear the final audio.
Submitted files measure between -22dB and -19dB RMS, with peaks around -3dB.
This particular audio analyzed as it’s shown on the screenshot above.
“Great work! The publisher was very pleased with this project, as am I. Thank you again Denise.”
— Wayne Farrell, Oman